Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wisdom

For the last week, I've been searching the scriptures for answers.  I've really been searching for what King Solomon had: WISDOM.
It seems kind of elusive sometimes, I guess because I "lean on my own understanding" so many times more than I lean on God's understanding.  It seems easier to just do whatever I want instead of asking God to point me in the right direction and keep me on the straight and narrow.
Yesterday I read something that gave me that "ah-ha" moment.  It was from Oswald Chambers.
http://utmost.org/taking-the-initiative-against-despair
I have made some big mistakes in my life, but I cannot go back and retrieve those missed opportunities, so I must trust Him and go to the next thing!
I must let God take care of those missed opportunities and trust Him as I go with him into my future.

TRUST: now that is another thing, but it goes hand in hand with wisdom.
Proverbs 3: 5  Trust in the Lord with all your heart: do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do and He will direct your paths.

To receive God's guidance I must seek God's will in ALL I do. Turning EVERYTHING  over to Him.
Trust Him completely in ALL.  do .  his plan is in not be wise in my own eyes.  Pray and read His word to receive His guidance.  His plan is in His word.  To know His plan, I have to be in His word.  Wisdom and Understanding and Fear of the Lord cannot enter my life until I know His word and trust him in EVERYTHING.

Prayers would greatly be appreciated, as I begin AGAIN!  Thank you God for loving  me even when I mess up really badly!


JoAnn

No comments: